Fostering a needy pet is a richly rewarding experience. It's also an emotional, often difficult experience that isn't for
everyone - but for those that can do it, it's an experience that won't soon be forgotten. Houston Humane Society is
always in desperate need of foster families, especially right now. First, let's talk about what kinds of pets may need
- Sick pets - Because HHS is an open admission shelter, meaning we do not turn away any animal, we often take in animals that are too sick to go up for adoption. Some of them need a quiet place to recover as well as some additional care.
- Too young! - HHS often takes in animals that are simply too young, or may even still be nursing. Sometimes they
- just need a couple of weeks, while others may need a few months.
- Behavior - Often an animal that has been neglected or may be too timid needs a couple of weeks with a foster to learn that being with people can be a good thing. Sometimes pets at the shelter just need a break, and a foster home can give them a quiet place to de-stress.
HOW TO BECOME A PET FOSTER:
- Fill out the required application, meet with our foster care specialist, and get started saving lives today!