Rainy Weather Tips
· If possible, keep all pets indoors at this time. If not in the house, at least in the garage or laundry room where they can be kept dry.
· Be cautious about letting your pet play in or drink ground water. Water may be contaminated or contain dangerous debris.
· It’s a good idea to crate pets or secure them in a room they feel safe during thunderstorms.
· Be sure to dry off the paws, legs, and stomach of your dog when you bring them back in from outside.
· Keep children and pets away from downed power lines, debris, and fallen tree branches.
· Use caution when returning home. Snakes, insects, and other animals may seek refuge on higher ground.
· Give pets time to re-orient themselves. Familiar scents and landmarks may be altered and cause your pet confusion.
· If you evacuate or leave home, be sure to take your pet with you!