Masks are required to enter our facility, thank you for understanding.
Animal Wellness Clinic
We are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our staff, clients and patients. An appointment is required for all clinic services.
- For an appointment, call 713-433-6421 or fill out our appointment request here, as appointments cannot be made in person.
- We will remain open normal hours
- Cash is not accepted during this time, only credit or debit card payment is allowed due to sanitary reasons.
- Only 1 adult is allowed in the clinic at a time. If you are unable to leave your child at home, please have him or her wait in the car with a guardian while you check-in.
- Reschedule your appointment if you feel ill, please do not come in when you are ill
We will Continue to Offer Vaccines and Vet Exams:
- Essential services continue to be provided ex) Vaccinations and Exams
- All spay & neuter appointments scheduled before March 25th will be completed and no new appointments will be scheduled until further notice
You can also purchase products over the phone and it can be picked up “curbside” for existing clients. Note that cash is not accepted, only credit cards due to health reasons.
We thank you for taking care of your pet
Adoption and Foster
We are starting to resume normal hours of operations with no appointment necessary.
Walk-ins are now welcomed.
We are only accepting debit and credit cards at this time.
HOW TO BECOME A PET FOSTER:
As more of us find extra time spent at home, this is a great time to provide a helpless animal with a temporary home. This will help alleviate the need of persons at our facility. If interested, please contact email@example.com
- Download an application here, and submit via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a foster, you will receive food and supplies to care for foster pet
Our shelter animals love our volunteers and your visit makes their day! Due to COVID-19 we are limiting the number of volunteers that can come to our shelter.
COVID-19 Volunteer Protocol
- WALK-IN VOLUNTEERS will not be accepted
- Volunteer shifts need to be scheduled
- Schedule a shift via email to email@example.com
- Each volunteer is asked to follow the social distancing rule of 6 feet apart
We are determined to help our community through these difficult COVID-19 times by providing free pet food to pet owners struggling financially. Our Pet Pantry program helps keep pets united with their owners as it prevents people from abandoning them because they can’t afford to feed them.
Register to receive Free Pet Food
- Our Pet Pantry takes place in different locations throughout Houston and surrounding areas or are onsite at the Houston Humane Society. To learn more about where we will go next, click here
- The Pet Pantry is a drive-thru style pet food pick up. We require all individuals to stay in their car, form a line and open their trunk once it is their turn. Our staff and volunteers will place pre-bagged pet food into your car.
- Onsite Pet Pantry’s do require you to previously sign-up to save your spot.
Consider Donating Food!
The Houston Humane Society relies on the generosity of residents and businesses to keep our pantry stocked. Take a look at our donation wishlist websites or drop-by with your food donation to our shelter: 14700 Almeda Road, Houston, Texas 77053.
Other Ways to Donate: