The Houston Humane Society’s Adoption Ambassador Program is an innovative adoption strategy where YOU play the most important role!
As an Adoption Ambassador you provide temporary housing and care, but also network the pet in your social circle and unlike a regular Foster, you are empowered to process the adoption when the right family is found.
Adoption Ambassadors Mission:
- Take the animal of your choice home and make it your mission to find them their forever home through through community events, social media, networking with family and friends, etc.
- Help your furry friend work on his or her social skills, house and potty training, basic manners, etc.
- Process the adoption when the right home is found.
How we help Adoption Ambassadors:
- Free Medical care- the dog or cat you take home will be spayed/neutered, microchipped, vaccinated, and has had a general health exam. If the animal needs any veterinary care, the HHS provides it at our clinic at no charge.
- Support and help along the way!- Our dedicated team is here to offer advice, help with consultations, and provide community events each weekend where you can take your pet to in hopes of finding a forever home.
- Adoption Bandana or Vest- pick an adopt me vest or bandana to help you show off your foster when on walks, at the dog park, community events, etc.
- Help with Training- need any tips to help train your foster pet, we are a call or email away!
What YOU provide:
- Basic daily care like food, water, hair brushing/grooming/bathing, and in the case of cats, also their litter.
- Assist in house training efforts and working on basic manners while in your care.
- A stress free environment where your foster pet can flourish and become his best self
- Lots of hugs and kisses!
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming an Adoption Ambassador, please contact our Adoption Department at 713-433-6421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org