Thanks for your interest in volunteering with the animals at the Houston Humane Society. There are many ways for individuals, groups or companies to interact with and help our animals.
- Group Volunteer Event - companies and groups can volunteer at the shelter or with special events. Groups have the opportunity to walk dogs, socialize with cats, bathe dogs, hand out Kong treats, and help with any administrative tasks needed. Everyone must be 18 years or older to walk dogs. To schedule a group volunteer day, please email in this Volunteer Form.
- Host a fundraiser - have a bake sale or car wash and give proceeds to the Houston Humane Society.
- Organize a supply drive - help collect things we need the most from our wish list, including items from your home that can be reused to help animals in our shelters.
- A group craft-making project - be creative while making dog or cat toys. We also often have rabbits and guinea pigs who appreciate chew toys too!
- Schedule a Group tour - want to see what HHS is all about? Come tour our lovely facility and meet our animals! Tours last approximately 1hr and must be scheduled in advance.
If you have any questions, please email to our Volunteer Coordinator, Sue Curtis, at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We appreciate the time you spend interacting with and helping our animals, but not as much as our animals will!