The Houston Humane Society is searching for energetic, compassionate and dedicated people to join our efforts in ending the cruelty, abuse and overpopulation of animals. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive package of benefits to full time employees.
Veterinary Medical Director
The Medical Director is responsible for providing leadership for the clinic, managing associate veterinarians and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine.
The Medical Director is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine is delivered. The Medical Director is responsible for the financial performance of the clinic, preparing operating and capital budgets, and meeting budget expectations. In addition, the Medical Director is responsible for directing all clinic staff and the overall management of the practice.
Manager of Special Events
The Development Manager is responsible for all administrative aspects of fundraising and public relations.
Scope and Impact
Development Manager reports to the Director of Development.
The Development Manager plays an important role in the Development Office by providing administrative support to all fundraising activities, including database management, donor and public relations, grant writing and management, direct mail, constituent communications, and special events. The Development Manager handles a variety of tasks related to institutional and individual giving. Preparation of proposals and grant applications, researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities. Much of the day's work is spent managing relationships with current and prospective donors, ensuring grant activity is maintained, and researching ways to bring in additional funds.
· Ensure that all donations are properly entered into the fundraising database systems and promptly acknowledged
· Build and continually update database records for individual donors and prospects and corporations
· Produce regular and special reports on fundraising activities from database/donor records
· Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
· Maintains and implements funding calendar activities
· Create thank you letters, mailing, direct mail appeals and newsletters.
· Build and maintain files on foundations, including grant guidelines and requirements, key personnel and trustees, and calendar of due dates of requests and reports
· Researches and identifies new prospects, including individuals and private, public, and corporate foundations. Identify potential contributors to ongoing programs and special projects through examination of past record of contributors and knowledge of community.
· Coordinate production of direct mail appeals. Continually analyze reports to identify prospects for larger gifts
· Assists with donor groups and donor recognition
· Assist in the planning and management of fund raising events, including correspondence with committees, prospects, and attendees and maintaining registration information and materials
· Handle all administrative details associated with meetings of Development and Campaign Committees (e.g., prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.)
· Manage grant requests and reporting:
o Researches and identifies new government and private funding prospects.
o Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
o Maintain calendar of request and report due dates
o Acts as liaison with program staff.
o Understand and follow grant requirements/eligibility and proposal guidelines
o Handle all required and periodic correspondence
o Assist in identifying projects and prioritize project needs, coordinate and research grant preparation assignments and in preparing grant proposal (supporting documentation, format, etc.)
o Review revenues and expenditures, project status, to ensure proper expenditures are made for grant projects.
· Assist with production of print materials (invitations, reports, newsletters, etc.)
· Other duties as assigned
· Accuracy and completeness of constituent database records
· Reduction in time from donation receipt to acknowledgement
· Accuracy and timeliness of fundraising reports
· Increase in grant proposals submitted; reduction in missed opportunities
Preparation and Knowledge; Essential Skills
· Friendly but professional demeanor. Ability to build relationships with donor community.
· Bachelor's degree preferred in a related field (e.g., communications, marketing, public relations, management)
· A minimum of three years' experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office or customer service
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Understanding of desktop publishing/graphic design programs is a plus. Database management experience preferred.
· Excellent written communications skills; detail oriented
· Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Ability to organize and prioritize work
· Ability to work independently with little supervision
· Excellent interpersonal skills. Must maintain a high level of professionalism working with colleagues, donors, and volunteers
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor information, both financial and personal
Send your resume to email@example.com
Full time Veterinarian Technician needed for a fast paced wellness clinic. All applicants must be dependable and hardworking. Clinic and Shelter experience will be a plus. Will need to have computer skills and able to handle customer service for this busy clinic. Candidate must be able to lift up to 80 pounds, and work weekend. To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Houston Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
14700 ALMEDA RD., HOUSTON, TX 77053
Saturday - Sunday 11:00am-5:30pm
By Appointment Only
Friday - Sunday CLOSED
Monday - Wednesday