YAP @ HHS is the affinity group for young professionals ages 21-39 who share a common passion for the Houston Humane Society and its mission.
YAP @ HHS Mission Statement: aims to engage young professionals in the Houston area and inspire them to support the Houston Humane Society through philanthropy, volunteering and educating the public, all while building a network based on a shared love of animals.
Individual Membership - $60
- Support a great cause – make a difference in the lives of animals in our community
- Gain valuable leadership experience- work on special projects and expand your animal welfare knowledge
- Special pricing for HHS events- enjoy discounts for our annual Fun Run, golf tournament, etc.
- Exclusive YAP@HHS-only volunteer sessions at the shelter
- Exclusive YAP@HHS-only networking / social events (ex- pet playdates at the HHS Pavilion, group outing to Astros Dog Day at the Ballpark, "parent’s" night out happy hours, etc.)
- 10% Discount in the shelter store
- 10% Discount off regular Adoption fees
- 10% Discount off regular Clinic fees
Dual YAP Membership - $90
- All benefits of the Individual level for two members in the same household
YAP Student Membership - $50
- All benefits of the Individual level for a student who is currently enrolled in their senior year at a higher education institution. Must be 21 years of age or older.
Why join YAP@HHS?
- To support HHS’s critical work in the community for animals;
- To help save more animal lives;
- To play an active role in engaging other young people in the community to support HHS, fundraising and volunteer programs;
- To get more knowledge on how to properly take care of animals;
- To enhance your resume and partake in an important community service while gaining a sense of philanthropy;
- To gain an organized, focused and very rewarding volunteer experience;
- To help raise money to rescue, rehabilitate and re-home abandoned animals;
- To enhance your professional network;
- To socialize with peers that share your values and love for animals
- To build your resume with volunteerism
- To meet a wonderful group of people and have FUN!
Purpose of YAP@HHS
YAP@HHS was formed in order to reach the young section of our community members and engage them to increase the awareness of the Houston Humane Society’s mission among this demographic. In addition, HHS enhances its volunteer base and helps build future leaders by allowing young professionals to support fundraising and advocacy efforts. A member of the HHS Board of Directors shall be assigned to the YAP@HHS Board.
How long does my membership last?
The membership will be last for a full year from the date submitted the application.
Is the membership fee tax deductible?
Yes, the membership fee is a donation to HHS and is 100% tax deductible.
Will the employers match the membership fee contribution?
Yes, many employers will match the contribution for HHS.Employer matching will only be considered an additional donation to HHS, it will not be counted as the membership fee.