Group Description, Mission Statement, Member Benefits/Dues
YAP @ HHS is the affinity group for young professionals ages 21-39 who share a common passion for Houston Humane Society and its mission.
Mission Statement: YAP @ HHS aims to engage the Houston area's young professionals and inspire them to support the Houston Humane Society through philanthropy, volunteering, and educating the public, all while building a network based on a shared love of animals.
- Support a great cause – improving the lives of animals in our community
- Gain valuable leadership experience on special projects and animal welfare knowledge
- Special pricing for HHS events, e.g. annual Fun Run, golf tournament, etc. (see below)
- Exclusive YAP@HHS-only volunteer sessions at the shelter
- Exclusive YAP@HHS-only networking / social events (e.g. pet playdates at the HHS Pavilion; group outing to Astros Dog Day at the Ballpark; "parent’s" night out happy hours, etc.)
- 10% Discount in the shelter store
- 10% Discount off regular Adoption fees
- 10% Discount off regular Clinic fees
- All benefits of the Individual level for two members in the same household
- All benefits of the Individual level for a student who is currently enrolled in their senior year at a higher education institution. Must be 21 years of age or older.
Why join YAP@HHS?
- To support HHS’s critical work in the community for animals;
- To help save more animals’ lives;
- To play an active role in engaging other young people in the community to support HHS, fundraising and volunteer programs;
- To get more knowledge for taking care the animals;
- To enhance your resume and partake in important community service while gaining a sense of philanthropy;
- To gain a high quality, organized and focused volunteer experience;
- To help raise money to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome homeless animals;
- To enhance your professional network;
- To socialize with peers that share your values
- To build your resume with volunteerism
- To meet a wonderful group of people and have FUN!
Purpose of YAP@HHS
YAP@HHS was formed in order to reach a young population of community members to engage them to increase awareness of HHS mission among young adults, enhance our volunteer base, build future leaders, support fundraising and advocacy efforts of Houston Humane Society. A member of the HHS Board of Directors shall be assigned to the YAP@HHS Board.
- How long does my membership last?
The membership will be last for a full year from the date submitted the application.
- Is the membership fee tax deductible?
Yes, the membership fee is a donation to HHS and is 100% tax deductible.
- Will the employers match the membership fee contribution?
Yes, many employers will match the contribution for HHS.Employer matching will only be considered an additional donation to HHS, it will not be counted as the membership fee.