Fostering an animal is a very emotionally rewarding experience! Helping an animal in need that needs extra time, love and care will bring you and your family a lot of joy and wonderful memories. Nonetheless, we understand it is not an experience for everyone as time and some times extra care is needed. The Houston Humane Society is always in need of foster families, especially right now.
What types of pet need a Foster home?
- Sick and injured pets - some of our animals need a quiet place to recover and extra love that you can provide.
- Immature or too young - HHS often takes in animals that are simply too young, or may even still be nursing. Sometimes they just need a couple of weeks, while others may need a few months.
- Behavior - Often an animal that has been neglected or may be too timid needs a couple of weeks with a foster to learn that being with people can be a good thing. Sometimes pets at the shelter just need a break, and a foster home can give them a quiet place to de-stress.
HOW TO BECOME A PET FOSTER:
- It's quite easy, first you need to fill out the required application here.
- Then you meet with our Foster Coordinator
- Once approved you can get started on saving lives today!
For any questions or concerns regarding Fostering please contact our Foster Coordinator at email@example.com
or call (713)-341-3318