The Houston Humane Society is an Animal Shelter and Veterinary Clinic & in Houston, TX
The Houston Humane Society’s Mission:
The Houston Humane Society is dedicated to, and working towards, ending cruelty, abuse and the overpopulation of animals while providing the highest quality of life to those brought to us for care.
We believe in the 5 freedoms:
The Houston Humane Society subscribes to the internationally recognized Five Freedoms:
1. FREEDOM FROM HUNGER OR THIRST by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigor
2. FREEDOM FROM DISCOMFORT by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
3. FREEDOM FROM PAIN, INJURY, OR DISEASE by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment
4. FREEDOM TO EXPRESS NORMAL BEHAVIOR by providing sufficient space, proper facilities, and company of the animal's own kind
5. FREEDOM FROM FEAR AND DISTRESS by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering
We strive to give all resident animals at HHS, regardless of their length of stay, all the above and extra enrichments such as TLC, walks in the park, socialization, training, Kong enrichment toys, and so much more until they are matched with their permanent families.
Where Do Our Funds Come From?
How Can You Help?
As unfathomable as it sounds, animal cruelty is a very prevalent issue in our community. With your help we can reduce animal suffering throughout the Houston area. Adoption
, education, participating in our special events
, or making a donation
to help support our programs, are all ways you can help HHS make a difference in lives of abused, homeless, and neglected animals.
On our website you will find information on all of our wonderful programs, tips, and other resources to help you and your pet live a long and healthy life together!
For any other questions, feel free to contact us