Tips to Keep Your Pets Safe During the Hot Weather
HOT TEMPS ARE AHEAD!
Here are some helpful tips to keep your pets and strays safe.
The heat can be life-threatening for your pets and strays.
Tips to Protect your Pet:
- Don't leave pets outside for extended periods of time
- Never leave your pet in a hot car
- Check for hot pavement
- Keep them hydrated and cool
- Alter your pet's daily routine - Walk at dawn & dusk
- Avoid extensive sun exposure
- Stay updated on preventative - more mosquitos in the summer
Check out Click2Houston.com for all you need to know.
It's important to know the signs if your pets do experience heat distress.
Know the signs: