Tropical Storm Nicholas Updates
Heavy rain is expected throughout the entire Southeast Texas area and Tropical Storm Nicholas is expected to strengthen to a possible Category 1 Hurricane before reaching us tonight.
Houston Humane Society wants to remind all pet owners what they need to be prepared with ahead of the storm.
Steps to take NOW:
- Bring Them Inside – Make room for your pets indoors. Set aside some blankets or towels for your pet to lay on. Crate pets or secure them in a room where they feel safe during the storm.
- Provide Safe & Dry Area – If unable to bring them inside, have the pet in a safe covered area on higher ground. Ensure all coverings are prepared to sustain high winds.
- Stock Up on Water, Food, and Medication – Ensure your pet has 2-week supply of food, water and necessary supplies.
- Register Your Pet’s Microchip – Keep information updated. This will help you be re-united with your pet if he/she becomes lost and is turned in to a shelter or vet clinic.
- Make a Plan and Have your Disaster Kit Ready – You want to be prepared if the storm impacts your area.
- Click here for an easy to print or download version of this information to post on your fridge and share with friends and family!