The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for our area, and it is active now through Saturday.
The Houston Humane Society wants everyone and every pet to stay safe and dry!
- First and foremost, if you evacuate, be sure to take your pet with you!
- If possible, keep all pets indoors at this time. If not in the house, at least in the garage or laundry room where they can be kept dry and out of harms way.
- Do not let your pet play in or drink ground water. Water may be contaminated or contain dangerous debris.
- It is a good idea to crate pets or secure them in a room where they feel safe during thunderstorms.
- Be sure to clean and dry off the paws, legs, and stomach of your dog when you bring them back in from outside.
- Keep children and pets away from downed power lines, debris, and fallen tree branches.
- Use caution when returning home. Snakes, insects, and other animals may seek refuge on higher ground.
- Give pets time to re-orient themselves. Familiar scents and landmarks may be altered and cause your pet confusion.